It is really too difficult to explain the future of education because we don’t think there is a single valid explanation but a multitude of different and not necessarily incompatible approaches and proposals.
In our opinion, the main axes that should shape the education of the future would be:
- Encourage curiosity and interest in students . Any education that fails to motivate those who receive it is bound to fail, sooner or later. For many plans that are designed or for a lot of budget that is available, if the student is not interested in learning, he/she will not do it.
- Customize teaching . Each person has their own interests, their particular abilities, their weaknesses or deficiencies, their character, their family context, their intelligence, their learning pace, their affections and their hatred, etc. Pretending that we all learn the same, in the same way and exactly at the same pace, can lead to frustrations, school failure, formative gaps or simple disinterest. Salman Khan orKen Robinson have addressed these issues at memorable conferences.
- Preserve and encourage creativity . It has almost become a commonplace, but it has been repeating the mantra that schools kill creativity . And if creativity has always been important, more and more will be in a world where technology and robotics are making the most repetitive and less qualified jobs disappear. Undoubtedly, the most valued skills will be those linked to the creative, be it the resolution of complex problems, the design of new products, software development, qualitative data analysis, decision making, marketing, etc. .
- Learn throughout life . We think it is obvious that studying to the age of twenty and not doing it again is already a thing of the past. The dizzying advance of technology in a world that changes faster and faster means that we must continue learning and updating throughout our lives. Those who do not run the risk of falling behind definitely, not getting a job or feeling completely out of society. Fortunately the technology is making this aspect much easier, allowing us to access quality training free of charge , through learning websites, countless educational apps , etc.
- Designing our own education . This would be a further step in personalizing education, so that we are increasingly responsible for designing our personal learning plan. Here, too, new initiatives in education (such as Coursera , EdX , Udacity and similar) put the configuration of a unique educational itinerary in line with our needs, interests and objectives.
- Compatibilize teaching content with skills . That of learning the List of rulers of India or rivers of India, having as we have in our pocket a device that can provide us with that information in just a few seconds. This does not mean that we should eliminate content learning, but rather emphasize learning skills, finding information, learning the mechanisms of learning and applying acquired knowledge; In short, learn to learn .
- The teaching of happiness . It may sound a little silly, but we think we should not forget to provide each person with certain tools or knowledge that will help them to be happier throughout their lives. Because everything else would be superfluous if we lived in sadness or despair. In this way, it would be very beneficial to study the psychological mechanisms that are behind our moods, provide tools to deal with frustration or to keep motivation, develop our social skills, etc. In short, as Sartre said, “happiness is not doing what you want but wanting what you do . “
Stay tuned with us, you will soon be able to download the Ambit App